By now, I’m sure most of us are aware of the Governors recommendation to shut down youth sports for two weeks. While we take some time to figure out how to proceed, including conferring with other leagues, and officials. I would like to remind everybody to please follow the guidelines below.
Here’s a few things you need to know before attending any TBA events including games and practices this year.
1. We are asking if you or anyone in your household is sick or not feeling well to NOT attend anything TBA related. Check temperatures at home and if it is 100 or above, STAY HOME! This includes games, practices, team parties, etc.
2. For the time being, we are asking that all Managers, Coaches and parents either maintain that 6-foot distance or wear a mask when attending anything TBA related. We are going to ask the players wear masks within the dugout. In all honesty, during practice, there really isn’t a need to be in the dugout. If you need to have a group chat, spread them out on the ground. We won’t require a mask while kids are on the field. I know I couldn’t do it so I don’t expect them to do it.
3. Hand sanitizer and disinfectant will be our friends this year. Please keep it on hand at all times.
4. We ask people to be smart. If you cannot social distance, please wear a mask if you are able to.
5. If your child has Gatorade or water or a bottle, make sure it is labeled with the players name.
6. If you are able to purchase a helmet for your child, this would be the year for that. By doing that, there is less sharing of equipment. If there is shared equipment, we are asking for a group effort in making sure it is disinfected and sanitized. This will require a group effort.
7. Much like last year, there will be no clapping hands after the game. We still want everyone to have good sportsmanship so we are recommending the players tip their hat to the opposing team after the game.
8. We highly suggest bringing your own chair. Bleachers will not be disinfected/sanitized so if they are there and you use them, you are doing so at your own risk.
9. There is no smoking in our around our fields and pavilions. Please use a designated smoking spot or go to your vehicle. TBA prohibits the use of ANY tobacco products in or near the fields.
10. Have fun. It’s very important to us that the kids have some kind of normal. Don’t push your views on people. Don’t argue with the umpires. Just play nice! Your kids are watching!